Tuesday, December 15, 2015

This...

was the highlight of my day.  Last week, many of our students at Summit participated in the Hour of Code.  During their Library/ Tech class, I had my K5 students work on the Level 1 tutorials.  The student on the left in this picture stated school in September not knowing any English.  There are still many language barriers for him in school.  Following directions and knowing what to do is a continual struggle for this English language learner.  However, he totally got the language of computer coding!!  When a student next to him needed help, he voluntarily showed her what to do.  The smiles on both of their faces was absolutely priceless.  I was amazed at how engaged all of my students were during this lesson.  I am really glad we used the Hour of Code website for our coding lessons and will definitely do so again in the future.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bird Nest Challenge

"Bird's Nest"   by  Rugged Lens  is licensed under  CC BY-SA 2.0  Nothing says "Spring" like birds making nex...